Emergence Health Network opened the Veterans One Stop Center in Northeast El Paso in August 2016. EHN received a $500,000 grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance and close to $123,000 from the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) for the development of the first of its kind “Veteran One Stop Center” in El Paso. In El Paso County, there are an estimated 47,911 veterans and it’s projected that close to 10,000 of those veterans will need mental health services, many more will benefit from support services…. all of which will be provided at a centralized location called the El Paso Veterans One Stop Center. For more information visit www.epveteransonestop.org or call (915) 747-3590.
EL PASO NEEDS TO EXPAND MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES TO VETERANS
- Currently El Paso County has an estimated 830,735 residents yet only has 0.1 psychiatrists per 100,000 people.
- Additionally, there are 4.8 licensed psychologists per 100,000 people, compared to 14.9 per 100,000 statewide.
- Mental health does not just impact one individual. If untreated it could impact entire families, employers, schools, friends, neighbors and unfortunately require the involvement of police and the justice system.
EMERGENCE HEALTH NETWORK CAN HELP… HOW?
EHN, has established the “One Stop Center” close to Ft. Bliss, in Northeast El Paso where there is the highest concentration of veterans. Clinical services provided by a licensed mental health professional will include:
- Clinical counseling
- Individual sessions
- Group sessions
- Veteran family member counseling
- Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS) services
- Certified peer specialists
ADDITIONAL SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Linkages of community veterans services
- Access to One Stop Center Website and mobile phone application
- Increased availability to support services, information, personalized assistance to veterans
LIST OF AGENCIES CURRENTLY HOUSED AT THE VETERANS ONE STOP CENTER
- Park University- Offers Veterans Veteran’s Education Assistance
- Grand Canyon University- Offers Veterans Veteran’s Education Assistance
- UTEP Military Student Success Center- Offers Veterans Veteran’s Education Counseling
- Texas Veterans Commission- Offers Veteran’s Job Placement Assistance
- Veterans Administration- Offers Veteran’s Benefits Assistance
- El Paso Veterans County Service Officer- Offers Veteran’s assistance in Disability Claims and Veterans Resources
- Wounded Warrior Program- Offers programs, services and events for wounded veterans of the military actions following the events of September 11, 2001.
- Team Red, White, and Blue- Offers Veteran’s Physical Fitness Activities
- American Patriots- Offers Veteran’s Counseling Outings
OTHER AMENITIES INCLUDE:
- Group Therapy Rooms
- Conference Center
- Veterans Lounge complete with Pool Table, Darts, TV’s, and video gaming consoles
- Outdoor Barbeque and Picnic area
- Volleyball and Basketball courts
- Gym for job/hiring fairs
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID TRAINING VETERANS COURSE
The One Stop Center will be used to help veterans and their families get involved with Mental Health First Aid Training. MHFA offers a tailored course that builds on the effectiveness of the standard Mental Health First Aid curriculum by focusing on the unique experiences and needs of the military, veteran and family population.